Tuesday, November 29, 2011

WWE '12...life...and other stuff...

I miss blogging. I truly do...Sheesh...it's been a while...Time for a quick update then we'll get to the bulk of this one...which is WWE '12...honestly one of the best, and also one of the most disappointing wrestling games I've ever played...first we will go over life...

My life...been a crazy one as of late...in case you forgot in May, I moved back to Connecticut...860 miles away from home. It was a tough choice...but I believe it was the right one. I can honestly say I'm happy...not all the time obviously, who is...but even when I'm not happy...I am in good spirits...or let me put it this way, I'm not always in a good mood, but I am always happy. That's actually the most accurate way I can put it.

When I moved to Connecticut, I weighed 226 disgusting pounds. As I type this I weight in at around 182. I've taken a break from dieting for the holidays and I want to really enjoy them, but I would be lying if I said I wasn't looking forward to the conclusion of the holiday season and going full force into a healthy and fit 2012! I feel great...and my confidence has been nearly as high as it was in 2009...few more month and I'll be ready to break hearts. (not really)

I have felt so blessed lately. I have amazing friends...I have a lot of really good ones...but there's just a few that have just put me over the edge lately when it comes to me enjoying life. Obviously my dearest friend is Adam godAWFUL Camerato. He's been very gracious to me as has his parents...His tolerance for my messiness is appreciated.

Next is obviously Joey and Kathleen. I really have no idea what I'd do without them. Sure Joey's little nuances can drive me nuts sometimes...but that's what a brother is for. Kathleen is the sweetest most beautiful human ever! and I love her to death.

Then there's Ant Battle, who unfortunately since I got my job, I haven't seen much of, but I can't wait till I do! Dude's awesome.

The last person I really want to mention is Steph. My salsa. I was just telling her the other night that I would have never guessed we would be as close as we are after our ugly little...uh...break-up? But she really is one of my closest, and dearest friends. I would do anything for her...we're completely different...and I think that's why I love her so much.

I have a ton others I greatly appreciate but I'm gonna keep moving it along...

I got a job! with CT Limo...awesome job, I love it a lot, unfortunately, there's some inner problems, and I'm not sure I'll have it for much longer, but I'm enjoying it while it lasts.

I went to Chicago for Thanksgiving. Had an awesome time with my family...and reaaaallllyyyy enjoyed those Kush Kakes...(maybe to much?) either way. It was a great trip. I sincerely can't wait to get back there. My niece is the most precious little girl in the world...and I love her with all of my heart. No one has a hold on me like her...that girl means the world to me. I hope she doesn't forget me as she gets older. :(

Now...I don't know if I'm leaving anything out...but let's get on to WWE '12...the newest WWE game from THQ. This year they repackaged the title, dropping the familiar "SmackDown vs RAW" and going for a more clean and direct title.
WWE '12 Cover Art for PS3
This game had a lot of hype going in...with a new physics system, new modes, new everything...the game was touted as the best wrestling game since "No Mercy" which to many...is the most complete and fun wrestling title in gaming history.
I got the game, and I must say, I am very impressed with the improvements. While most of the game in essence is the same...the things they tweaked are pretty nice. But I'm not completely happy. Yes. The matches are a hell of a lot more fun to play this year, but after extensively playing WWE All-Stars...I was expecting more of a happy mix of the SDvR overall game...with the WWE All-Stars gameplay. What I have experienced is what I can only assume is a failed attempt at this.
My next gripe is a huge one. Playing through the Road To Wrestlemania mode has been EXTREMELY frustrating. With silly objectives and un-necessary backstage brawls...literally every other cut-scene...it drags it along when really all I wanna do is just keep it moving so I can get the story experience, and all the unlocks. I don't want to REALLY play that mode...just do it...I really hope they address it, because as it seems like they're going for...the WWE UNIVERSE MODE is going to be the FLAGSHIP game mode in the titles for the next few years, as it should be. With that said, I think most players will play the RTWM mode to unlock everything they can before starting in UNIVERSE...which is what they really want to do...so either make RTWM more streamlined so we can get to the goods, or abolish it altogether and have the WWE UNIVERSE mode contain all the unlocks.
Now it's time for me to cover WWE UNIVERSE MODE...

CM Punk delivers a bulldog to Rey Mysterio
By far the BEST thing to happen to the WWE franchise. It was introduced last year, and provided a glimpse into what we could see in coming years. It was fun, but repetitive and got old fairly quickly...it wasn't long before I started simulating most matches just to get to the title matches and enjoy seeing who will be the next champion. The problem last year was, even when you played a quick match or exhibition, it went towards the Universe stats...which was problematic, and annoying if you forgot to turn Universe off.
This year they separated the two. So if your friends are over and you just wanna have a fun quick little match, you can do it outside of Universe without worrying about turning that off. Very nice to have. They also improved the amount in which you can customize.
An awesome created Royal Rumble Arena circa 1995
This year they introduced the all new Create-An-Arena mode. For the first time since WWF Attitude, you can make a fully custom arena and have matches inside of it. Very awesome feature. I've had fun making arenas and watching them in action. Creating the CTWE arena and having the guys I create wrestle in it feels a bit like I'm playing a CTWE video game. It's a stretch, but I am able to expand my believability. As such, in the Universe mode, you can override RAW and SMACKDOWN if you wish, making two brand new shows, as well as Superstars...so for me, I might want to make a DPW and CTWE show, and run them as competition with PPV's, which I believe you can fully customize being the shows where they mix. In fact, just thinking about that now got me pretty excited and I might just do that. Gotta wait till I expand the CAW list a bit.
While that is VERY cool, it isn't perfect...It would be IDEAL...if you can select the empty days, so, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Saturday, and make a show on those days. The spots are there on the schedule, so why not use them. If you were able to do that, and create a MONSTER promotion, that had separate divisions running each day, independently, with their own belts (which, there are more than enough in the game) and maybe one OVERALL champion which you could run on PPVs...that would be the most AMAZING wrestling simulator EVER...and I really think they might put it in next year. Just thinking about something that is that LARGE that EXPANSIVE and DEEP gets me EXCITED. (no, I'm not talking about Melina's genitals)

Cover Superstar Randy Orton delivers an RKO to Alberto Del Rio
The possibility is there and I really hope THQ picks up on that. I really doubt I'm the only one that would love the freedom to run a monster promotion. The mechanics are there, the functionality has yet to come. Or maybe the other way around.
You currently are able to fully customize a number of Rosters And have them appear at any show you wish, you can assign champions and all of that fun stuff. And you can now assign custom brands to shows and completely change the show altogether. In your Universe WWE RAW can be replaced by BRW MONDAY MADNESS...Friday Night SmackDown can become FRIDAY FIRE! Or some other stupid ass backyard sounding name that 98% of wrestling fans would come up with. But that's not the point. The point is you can do ALL of this. and all I'm asking is...to be able to do this...ON ANY DAY OF THE WEEK and have it repeat EVERY WEEK with it's designated roster. It would be AMAZING. I know I already explained it...but...I'll effing break it down right now...here's how MINE would likely look.
WWE RAW - Mondays - a roster of WWE talent.
Main title - WORLD HeavyWeight
Mid-Card - US title
TAG - WWE
Diva - Divas

CTWE presents BriccoVision TV - Tuesdays - a roster of CTWE CAW talent
Main Title - WORLD HeavyWeight
Mid-Card - Classic WWE championship
TAG - Unified
Diva - Divas

GLOBAL PRO presents Global TV - Wednesdays - a mix of international talent based in Japan/Mexico/Europe CAW/WWE talent
Main Title - World HeavyWeight
Mid-Card - European Championship
Tag - World
Diva - Women's

SUPERSTARS - Thursdays - Mix of ALL Promotions (mostly lowercard)
No titles

WWE SmackDown - Fridays - a 2nd roster of WWE talent
Main Title - World HeavyWeight
Mid-Card- Intercontinental Championship
Tag - WWE
Diva - Divas

WCW presents Nitro - Saturdays - Mix of ROH/Independent Wrestlers
Main Title - World HeavyWeight
Mid-Card - WCW Championship
Tag - Unified
Diva - Womens

That would be my setup. Which also would be why I wouldn't get laid for a while...but...hey...I'm bored at work and got nothing to really do so leave me alone...

With that said...I must go. Adios!

Follow me on twitter: @MMartinWrites Leave a comment below and share with your friends. And if you've liked what you've read so far on this site and look forward to reading more, you might also like my book Rock Beats Paper available on Amazon.

No comments:

Post a Comment