Monday, November 1, 2010

Quick Update: NaNoWriMo!!!



I'm taking part in National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo) just 5 days after finishing my first novel. 

NaNoWriMo takes place from Nov 1st - Nov 30th and it is exactly what it sounds like. You write a novel in the month of November. The rules are simple, you start ON Nov. 1st and must have written at least 50,000 words by Nov. 30th.

I just finished my first novel, which the word count is slightly over 60,000. around 48,000 of those words were written in 19 days. I think I got this. What do you think? Let me know in the comments section. I kind of need a cheering section. So please root for me.

You can follow all the progress on my Twitter @MMartinWrites or at my official NaNoWriMo page: MikeMar10

Also, to the right of this screen you can check out my twitter...uh...tweets...and also my progress in NaNoWriMo right here. I guess I can officially say this is your one-stop-shot for all thing Mike Martin. Woo.

I'm really excited for NaNoWriMo if you can't tell, and look forward to starting my writings later today, after I get about 3 hours sleep. smile

Don't forget to root for me!

Here's a little blurp of the Novel I'll be working on for NaNoWriMo:

The Impeccable Memory of Carson Battle

Carson Battle is living life, one chapter at a time.

Born with a rare ability to remember every single moment of his life, Carson Battle has quite the story. Now, on his death bed he reflects and though he can remember every detail of his life, he finds that he has forgotten quite a bit about the real relationships he has had. Is it too late to live life when he's spent most of it taking the world in?


Hope you are excited to read what I will come up with as I am to write it!

Cheers,
Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment