Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Write A Letter To Someone You Appreciate.

So here it is. My blog project. Using this Generator I will be given a random thing to do. And subsequently write about it. The first one that came up is for me to Write A Letter To Someone I Appreciate as depicted in the title. So that's something I will do. I welcome all of you to do the same, even if it's just onto your facebook page. Anyway. Here goes my letter:

Dad (with a little bit of Mom),

I appreciate you. I know I'm a dick to you all the time. I don't know why I do what I do to you, and why I treat you like you know absolutely nothing about the universe, when in turn, I get annoyed at the ignorance of people younger than me. I am a hypocrite when it comes to this. For some reason I have categorized you and mom into some kind of dilusionaly crazy old morons who can't really have cohearant thoughts. I think about how this family is multiple times a day. And I always conclude with the following question; "Am I hurting them?"
I'm always afraid I'm hurting you and mom when I talk to you like you are below me, yet I continue to do it. I have excuses if you care to hear them. I feel trapped in this house and in the curse that us kids have deemed our lack of accomplishment to be. I hate living at home to no fault of yours or mom's. I just hate it. I'm 23 and as every day passes I worry I will be living here when I'm Bill's age. Something I don't want to be doing. I think that's pretty much my group of excuses. Or pair of excuses as it is. But I'd just like you to know that I do appreciate you. Now and Always.

I appreciate you taking the huge step that cause the five of us to move so far away from our family. The life I made out in CT is something I cherish, even now after a year of being without it. I still have so many moments of joy from what I experienced in my ten years there.

I appreciate you for the wrestling rings. No matter how flawed they were.

I appreciate you for the drumset, the guitar, the hacky sacks, the DDR stage, the iMac, And all the other shit you've bought for me because it was my ticket to making something of myself. Anything I became infatuated with, not only have you supported but you attacked it with the same enthusiasm that I did. Never once did you tell me "no" because you knew it was just a phase. You've always let me do my thing and supported it 100% no matter the cost.

I appreciate you not being an asshole after you walked in on Lauren and I having sex. You could have been an embarrassing douchebag, or just a prick about it, but you never really said a word. It could have been from you not really knowing what to say, or just trying to act like it didn't happen. Or, you could have just been oblivious to it...in which case...we weren't having sex. I was tickling her.

Since I've gone in this direction, let me throw myself into a ditch I might not be able to climb out of. Thanks for not being a douch the morning after that night you walked in on my jerking off four years ago. I was freaking out all night and couldn't even finish cause I was expecting you and everyone else to be making comments, I don't know if you even told anyone. Either way, thanks...

Shit...you know what...if for some reason you couldn't see what was on the screen, and had no idea what was going on, I wasn't jerking off, I was checking for testicular cancer. Yeah...

Fuck.

Uh...moving right along then...

Dad...thanks for not being like those Dads that flip out about their daughter getting knocked up by a black dude. Really. I don't think there was a moment that I witnessed in which you seemed ashamed of her or anything like that. The fact you and mom didn't even question Shannon's decision to keep it and supported her 100% truly shows what great parents you are. You raised us the best you could and then let us live our lives, and any decisions we made, you guys had our backs. I love you for it, and Shannon does too, because without that backbone of support you've both always been, we wouldn't have the amazing gift of Alexis. She really is the most amazing thing to ever happen to this family. So thank you for not putting your fist down about what Shannon should or shouldn't do, and let her just make her own decisions, especially considering the crisis our family has been in for the past few years.

Thanks for having your warped sense of humor, you are creepy as hell sometimes and unnecessarily perverted...but you an mom make a great comedy duo, and without your collective humor this house would be WAY worse. You guys make the crappy circumstances better, just by allowing us to freely express ourselves on any topics.

I'm sure there's more, but I am feeling like shit thanks to a stuffy nose and fucked up throat...

This has been stuff I appreciate about you. And I love you (and mom)

Now if only we can get you two to follow a fucking TV show without being so goddamn frustrating in EVERY way imaginable this house would be as peaceful as a Tibetan Monestary.

I love you. (...and mom)

Your son,
Mikey Chase

p.s. you can stop calling me that.

No comments:

Post a Comment